The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Norman Caruso

2 posters

Go down

Application: Norman Caruso Empty Application: Norman Caruso

Post by McFrosticles Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 am

-Your Name and age

My name is Norman Caruso, and I am 21 years old.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars

I've known about you guys for awhile, mainly through MTG Salvation.

-Your Magic accomplishments
Top 8 States 2005
Top 8 Regionals 2006
6 PTQ Top 8's (2 Wins)
Pro Tour Kobe Competitor (2006)
Pro Tour Prague Competitor (2006)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)

PTQ: Berlin - went 1-2 drop with Alex Kim's RGB Deck.
PTQ: Valencia - 7-1, 5th place
PTQ: Geneva - 6-2, 9th place

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1200202549&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=5&ratingseasonid=5&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love the thrill of competition. I've played sports my whole life, so I'm sure that is where it comes from. I also enjoy the social aspect of having friends at all the tournaments. Winning plane tickets and money is also nice.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I live in a small town known as Elizabeth City. The players here are, to be blunt, bad. I've always been taught that if you want to get better at something, you have to surround yourself with players who are better than you. Team Unknown Stars is a well respected Magic team with lots of great players. I watched Gavin at Nationals play and I was really impressed (considering he was in JSS as well!). I knew right there that this team had a lot of good things going for it.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I am a control player at heart and could bring a wealth of overlooked cards that are actually really good in control decks, as well as solid lists to play at PTQ's. Shaheen Soorani and I designed U/W Control in extended which led to over 10 PTQ top 8's and 3 wins.

I am also proficient in Limited, so I could definitely give some advice on which cards to look out for when you get a pack in draft.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I am a solid player who makes very little mistakes because I am patient and think during a match. I am also a nice guy even when I am getting destroyed. I always shake hands, say "good game" and just continue to my next round, taking note of anything I might have done wrong.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I'm bad at math, so I can't play aggressive decks very well. I am also bad at building mana bases.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
I focus mostly on limited because it not only improves your limited game, it improves your overall play skill. Both of the PTQ's I won were limited, so I'd say I'm not bad.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Limited.

McFrosticles
Applicant

Number of posts : 21
Name : Norman Caruso
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Application: Norman Caruso Empty Re: Application: Norman Caruso

Post by GavinV Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 pm

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down