The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Joshua Caldwell

2 posters

Go down

Application: Joshua Caldwell Empty Application: Joshua Caldwell

Post by jcaldwell84 Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Your Name and age
Joshua Caldwell 25

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Local players.... Scott Schauf, Joshua Claytor, Ben Weinburg

-Your Magic accomplishments
only major is a t8 Onslaught block PTQ at Gencon

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
PTQ Honolulu (louisville, ky) 5-2 with affinity (19th).... I decided to play affinity after everyone in the room kept coming up to our dealer booth and asking for riptide labs and other MUC cards.... plus we couldn't finish off the third deck of Mono White Control (which my good friend/local teammate Scott Honigmann won with after we worked with the deck for about a month previous to the ptq, but I lost the coin toss with our other buddy Dave on who got to play the 2nd version, Dave went 4-2 Crying or Very sad )

Bluegrass Magic Winter King extended 5-3 (27th)
I played BDW at this event ( which I thought was a good idea before the event but as I was playing it and hated it)
Played against elves twice and lost both, lost against the God draw against AIR

Indiana States- 6-2 with RDW (14th) I played a bit of a different build of RDW I played both gougers, and ram gangs, as I thought it helped me out with the 5cc matchup (in which it did)...

-A link to your DCI Rating page https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search&brandid=1&personid=1357016&BrandRatedSeasons=5&ratingseasonid=5&Demographic=5|452
Last person on the page (20th in Louisville, KY) dci # 69583004

-Why you play competitive Magic
I play competitive magic because I enjoy traveling and I love the game! Plus I have met a lot of cool people playing these brown backed cards.....

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I really want to step it up to the next level, and I feel I need a team outside of the area that can help take me there ( as well as I think I can help others do the same on the team)... I really like the idea of having more than just a few people to work with on events....Plus I hear good things about this group of people.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I feel since I have came back to the game (lorwyn block) that my level of understanding for the game is on another level (see the win with MWC, I found the deck on the gleemax forums and with help from my friends we tuned the deck to win a PTQ and he had a little luck dodging Cloud)

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
Deck choices I feel I have a good sense of what the meta will be for the day (having a booth can help with that also)
sideboard choices- obv with having a good feel for metas I tend to have a very solid side board....
Good sportsmanship with other players.... I have made alot of friends because of this game.
And open mind for cards/decks that aren't in the spotlight...

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
LIMITED!!!!! I just don't play limited enough to do well with it I guess.... I have been working on this as of late
stupid mental mistakes which I guess can happen to anyone, but sometimes I just have to many to get me over the hump of my 5-2 records and getting back into the top 8's

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Constructed as you can see by my rating, but Extended has been my favorite format forever! I just enjoy having a bigger card pool to select from...... also blocks have seem to always be good to me (maybe because of the limited cardpool *shrug*)

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Block, seems to always be good to me that is where I have top 8'd, but I always have a solid preformance in block tourneys (never any less than 16th)
but extended is my favorite format.

jcaldwell84
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Joshua Caldwell
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Application: Joshua Caldwell Empty Re: Application: Joshua Caldwell

Post by GavinV Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down