The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Jimmy Risk

2 posters

Go down

Application: Jimmy Risk Empty Application: Jimmy Risk

Post by jimmypoopins Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

-Your Name and age
Jimmy Risk, 21

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Gavin's signature in forums

-Your Magic accomplishments
37th at GP:chicago (my first big event other than a ptq)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
37th at GP:chicago, 7th/8th of march (11-4)
17th at extended ptq in indianapolis, 28th of february (5-2)
34th at extended ptq in detroit, 21th of februrary (4-3)

-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=2374101&brandid=1

-Why you play competitive Magic
i've always been competitive in everything i do (school, video games, etc.). i enjoy striving to be the best, and i enjoy being good at things. i have a lot of fun playing and thinking about magic at the competitive level.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
i'm interested to be involved in a network of individuals that have great ideas about the game, and i'm interested in helping out myself.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
i'm a really good technical player and i can help with theory involving that. also, when i make and critique decklists, i always try my best to think outside the box.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
technical play, control decks. i've always been a lot better when i play anything that has card advantage and two-for-ones.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
advanced strategy when playing creature-based decks. sometimes i miss the optimal way to win a damage race

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
i focus on whatever season it is, but in the meantime i always have a standard and legacy deck, and i play in fnm (standard) every week, and occasional i'll play in a legacy tournament. also, i draft on modo quite a bit, and i'm working on building a collection so i can play in constructed formats there too.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
legacy or standard. i've played legacy and paid attention to the metagame for quite awhile, so i'm fairly proficient in it. i've also played the same deck (5c control) in standard for about a year now, and i've gotten very good at every technical and strategical standpoint of the deck.

edit: just top 8'd at ptq in columbus

jimmypoopins
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : jimmy risk
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Application: Jimmy Risk Empty Re: Application: Jimmy Risk

Post by GavinV Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:54 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down