The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application - Adam Levitt

2 posters

Go down

Team Application - Adam Levitt Empty Team Application - Adam Levitt

Post by arlevitt Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 am

-Your Name and age
Adam Levitt, 27

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
My friend Asher Hecht suggested I apply.

-Your Magic accomplishments
I started playing competitive magic in early 2007 (less than two years ago)... here's what I've got so far:
Won Regionals in Edison, NJ in 2007 to qualify for US Nationals
Six PTQ Top-8's across various formats. (including one win).
Attended 2007 US Nationals and PT Berlin 2008
Designed the deck that earned 26th place in Pro Tour Berlin

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them
PTQ Honolulu in Rockville, MD: 6-0-2, lost in Top 8
Starcity 5k Philly: 7-2
NY States, 2008: 6-2

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=8208481191&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
Besides enjoying competition, I like the idea that there is no single best strategy in most formats, but rather the task exists for each player to determine which approach works best for them.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
The most gratifying thing for me would be to have as many people as possible do well with a deck that I've spent my time working on. I like to bounce ideas off competent players who are familiar with the cards in a given format. Ideally, I'm looking for other players who like to play similar strategies as me.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I typically spend time testing all of the top decks when preparing for a tournament -- I actually sit on both sides of the table to learn each matchup individually. More importantly, my intentions are not just to get myself back onto the Pro Tour, but to help as many people as possible to improve.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I like to think that I'm very talented at taking an existing constructed archetype and improving it to maximize its strengths while minimizing its weaknesses. I consider my ability to create excellent sideboards to be greatest strength. I'm always happy with my entire 15-card sideboard for every tournament I play in. I subscribe to the philosophy that the sideboard should answer as many problems as possible without repeating itself. Ultimately, my success comes less from my natural ability and more from my extensive testing and knowledge of matchups.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I'm not particularly proficient with aggressive decks. I'm a better pilot of control decks -- I prefer incremental advantage and keeping cards in my hand rather than playing off the top of my deck. Also, while I consider myself a professional constructed player, I'm not quite as strong at limited.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Standard, Extended, and Block

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Standard, Extended, and Block

- Anything else that you would like to add
Now that I've started to understand my strengths, I've had a lot of success over the past few months. My plan is to continue this trend and get myself and those around me back onto the Pro Tour. If this plan is something that the people on this team will find valuable, then I'll see you all in the forums.

arlevitt
Member of Team Unknown Stars

Number of posts : 77
Name : Adam Levitt
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Adam Levitt Empty Re: Team Application - Adam Levitt

Post by GavinV Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 am

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down