The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application - Alec Nezin

2 posters

Go down

Team Application - Alec Nezin Empty Team Application - Alec Nezin

Post by Alec Nezin Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

-Your Name and age
Alec Nezin, 19
-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Various Articles, Friends (Calcano, Asher, Glasses, Mascioli etc.)

-Your Magic accomplishments
JSS Nats Top 8, Attended Nats, PT Berlin, and Worlds last year, Top 64 GP Montreal, Top 32 GP Philly, Top 16 GP Los Angeles (3 for 3 on Day Two's) 6 PTQ Top 8's

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
Worlds: 5-7 Drop
PTQ Honolulu at Worlds: 7-2-1, Lost in Top 4
GP LA: 12-3

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=59998952&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love competition of all sorts and I am constantly trying to challenge myself and improve my game.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
There aren't many good local players to share ideas and test with where I live. The few that are good are too busy, too lazy or live too far away to reliably test with. Starting the season with a GP top 16 gives me even more incentive to want to bring my game to the next level, especially after some bad PT results last year.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I'm an incredibly devoted tester. I'm not afraid to spend hours just analyzing a match up, trying to comprehend it and improve our game plan against it. Some people try and analyze what they could have done differently to win a match after they've lost, but I try and do this for any given game I play. I'm never really happy with a game unless I've played as close to flawlessly as possible. I'm always open to criticism, as my main goal is always to get better as a player, no matter the means.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
My fanatical testing and in depth analysis of every game I play. I also have a pretty good mental game, but I haven't really honed any tactics as of late - there's nothing more fulfilling than winning an unwinnable game due to mental trick.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I have a tendency to start a tournament strong and then after my first loss go on tilt and throw it all away - often I over analyze what I did wrong and end up obsessing over it. I've been able to contain this lately, but I have a feeling I still need a bit of work on moving on with my tournament. I've also been on a bad streak in limited lately, as my mind is set on constructed mode, so improving my limited game is something that will need to happen before I attend Honolulu.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Extended, I've been testing for GP Chicago (Legacy) and trying to draft more and more on MTGO - I've done about 5 AAA drafts a week lately.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Extended

Alec Nezin
Applicant

Number of posts : 7
Name : Alec Nezin
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Alec Nezin Empty Re: Team Application - Alec Nezin

Post by GavinV Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:53 am

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down