The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application -- Geoff Mullin

2 posters

Go down

Team Application -- Geoff Mullin Empty Team Application -- Geoff Mullin

Post by JerkyG Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:23 am

-Your Name and age

Geoff Mullin, 16

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars

Lesurgo on MTG Salvation

-Your Magic accomplishments

I traditionally do well in local constructed, top X almost every time. 5 top 8's at J/MSS qualifiers, two victories at MSS Quals, top 32 at SCG 5K in charlotte, top 32 in several PTQ's, top 32 at states, top 64 at regionals. Top 8 in local vintage 3 tournaments in a row.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)

PTQ Hollywood (extended) 5-2-1
SCG 5K (standard) Charlotte 6-3
MSS Champs ATL 4-3 drop

-A link to your DCI Rating page

http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1202034028&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

My ratings are artificially low because it has been a long time since i played a constructed tournament and my store has all but ended constructed. I am bad at limited but getting better.

-Why you play competitive Magic

I am in competitive magic for something fun to do that is not terribly expensive but involves a lot of strategy. I love going to tournaments because i love competition and i love magic as whole, so going competitive is the next step.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team

Need people to discuss strategy. I can only do so much here on the computer, i need more opinions and more ideas.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants

I have good knowledge of type 2, extended, and vintage, and i can spend a lot of time testing decks. i also am very good at math and see magic as a game of probability and odds.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are

Deck ideas and in game intelligence. I am very good at reading opponents also. I am also very good at poker and with odds in general. I play my opponent very well.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are

Deck construction and sideboard strategy

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are

Standard, Extended, Vintage

-Which format you think you're most proficient in

Currently vintage. Trying to come back to type 2 and extended.

I am available a lot to do online testing, i post often and intelligently.

Thank you very much

Geoff Mullin

--JerkyG--

JerkyG
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Geoff Mullin
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Team Application -- Geoff Mullin Empty Re: Team Application -- Geoff Mullin

Post by GavinV Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:27 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, so if you are still interested, you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down