The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application - Jori Hukka

2 posters

Go down

Team Application - Jori Hukka Empty Team Application - Jori Hukka

Post by deviant Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:13 pm

-Your Name and age
Jori Hukka, 21.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Cannot remember anymore, the name just came to my head when I was thinking about testing for the PT.

-Your Magic accomplishments
Nothing spectacular. Top8'd a gpt, won a PTQ for Honolulu. I haven't been competitively active for very long and not much major tournaments happen here..

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)

- GP Hannover was 5-4 I think. Started out nice and then it all went to ****. Played my own fae deck tuned to beat the mirror, played mostly agaisnt loam obv.
- PTQ Honolulu was 4-1-1 in the swiss and then I sweeped the top8. I think I lost three games the entire ptq and one was to vendilion taking a desire, then giving a desire.
- Last nats I think. I went there just to have fun and dropped after I had three losses after the (free) draft portions. Sealed sounded like more fun.

-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/mystats.aspx
Nice side-events..

-Why you play competitive Magic

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I feel like I need help in testing the block format for the PT. If joining this team makes my chances to do well at the PT better, then I'm happy to make an application.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
After thinking about fifteen minutes, writing and re-writing this I came to the conclusion that I'll just pass this question and hope you don't mind. Maybe I'm a stereotypical finn who can't say a single good thing about himself but I really just can't. Sorry.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I'm the kind of guy who gives every deck a chance, but ends up rejecting them (even if they seem objectively better) in favor of a deck I like more (read: more blue). And then tunes the deck to beat the better deck. I fine-tune decks and try out a lot of new things. When I was testing extended I tested through about 20 or so sb plans for the fae mirror, because I wanted to have the upper hand there.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I have strong personal preferences. This has bitten me in the ass more than once. Like before Berlin, I knew about elves. I did not consider it a tier one deck even!
(I was playing ub fae with 4 ee, 3 jitte, moxen, smothers.. I think I even had darkblast in my sb for god knows what reason. Yeah, elves didn't seem that impressive to me..) Obv my testing partner went to Berlin not playing elves and ill-prepared to face it. Bad beats.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Atm, block constructed. Standard never goes out of style. It used to be extended though, since it was the most relevant. I play legacy a lot too, though that is mostly the equivalent of "casual" to me.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
The one I'm concentrating upon.

deviant
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Jori Hukka
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Jori Hukka Empty Re: Team Application - Jori Hukka

Post by GavinV Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down