The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application

Go down

Team Application Empty Team Application

Post by Somadelnocha Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 am

-Your Name and age
My name is Cody Foss, and I'm 23 years old.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Via MTGSalvation, and Mr. Verhey's profile.

-Your Magic accomplishments
I have no major accomplishments to date, but plan to change that.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
I played in GP:Chicago, going to a horrific 1-4 drop record playing Solidarity.
I played in the Extended Insanity at GP:Chicago, going 5-2 (with a Type 2 deck!).
I played in the PTQ at GP:Chicago making the cut to top 8 at 3-1, and scrubbing out first round. =/... Swans...

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=2373436&brandid=1

-Why you play competitive Magic
I play competitive Magic for the thrill of winning, and knowing how I have played to my fullest ability to triumph.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
The name alone sounds like something I would come up with.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I am a rogue deckbuilder, trying to make awkward clunky turd combos become gorgeous diamonds in the rough.
I'm usually always available for playtesting, idea bouncing, and otherwise being knowledgeable about the game.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
My strengths are being able to read the opponent's depth of hand.
"He's got 2 mana up, at least one blue, probably has the Ambitions for one, or a remove soul/negate. I drop this threat first, bluff it out, drop another threat that is going to be pushed through for lethal."

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Only overextending when I'm ahead. I was playing a monogreen elf deck in the early days of Timespiral-Lorwyn T2, and severly let myself be open to the wrath/firespout/pyroclasm. I changed how it operated, instead of making a bunch of tokens, I changed it to a R/G warrior build, utilizing Stonebrow, Krosan Hero and Obsidian Battle-Axe to beat in for lethal at least 2 turns earlier than the other build had.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
I play and focus on Type 2, as there are always tournaments for that here in Janesville. I toss Extended deck ideas around, but to no real reason other than for my own ego at this point, as the only time we play Extended is for PTQs or for fun, and we don't make it to many PTQs. Legacy and Vintage are even more into the realm of fun, but we do have competitive Legacy decks from our experience at GP:Chicago.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Very much so, Standard. I've been playing that for nearly 2 years now and know MANY of the decks by heart. The meta I have in my head at an event is very nearly never off by much, especially after doing a quick sweep to see what's being played.

Somadelnocha
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Cody Foss
Registration date : 2009-05-06

https://www.facebook.com

Back to top Go down