The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Corey Fineman

Go down

Application: Corey Fineman Empty Application: Corey Fineman

Post by jewfro Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:54 pm

-Your Name and age
Corey Fineman 17

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Friends Steve Golenda and Brett piazza

-Your Magic accomplishments
t64 gp denver
1 ptq t8

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
Z sealed ptq 6-2 131 People I got 9th... yay. My pool was really bad, no idea how I did this well.
Z sealed ptq 7-1 top 8ed Lost first round of the draft.
standard cash tournament, local boulder event. Played faeries, the whole room was mono red. Played it 4 times, I went 4-1, got 3rd I think.
(if that doesn't count i played in a ptq before that standard for austin in june i went 2-2 drop played faeries hit red a lot)

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1206829977&Demographic=11&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love the game. I like being able to play tightly and win a game through playskill. I also play competitive chess, both are good ways of displaying intellect.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I want to take my game to the next level. I have potential and am close to breaking through to the next plateau.
-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I draft a lot. Before the two zendicar ptqs that were in denver I was drafting twice a day during weekdays and three to four times on weekends on modo. My technical play is very good and I'll post a lot and bring to the table what I can.
-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I am an amazing limited player. I draft too much. I get to know limited formats very very well, I read tons of articles on magic all the time, and this seems like a way to finally bring my ideas to the table.
-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Constructed-- I tend to always stick with playing the "best" deck and do less testing than is necessary. That being said, my favorite thing to do before an event is stay up until like 3am playtesting with friends trying new decks and ideas.
-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
I play mainly whatever the current ptq formats are. Also i always am up to date on the newest drafting set. I travel to whichever ptqs I can. I also am proficient in vintage for what its worth and have won a lot of money playing it.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Limited by far. It is my favorite thing in the world to open a sealed pool that my friends look at and say... oh bummer good luck next time. And then turning it into something that top 8s.

Overall magic is a game I love and will most likely play for the rest of my life. It has helped me develop as a person and player. I'm not really sure how to get better other than playing with good players. Every player makes multiple misplays every game, I know this and I try hard to find those mistakes. When I lose a game I analyze it a lot. This to me seems like a logical next step for me in becoming a better player.

jewfro
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Corey Fineman
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down