The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application: Alex Branley

Go down

Team Application: Alex Branley Empty Team Application: Alex Branley

Post by Spartan Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 pm

-Your Name and age
Alex Branley, 14.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Gavin's recent article on SCG, about Sphinx Control

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them
I have not attended any major events recently (I know this looks bad, but I basically exclusively play standard, and didn't really get into it until after PTQ season was over. I am looking to expand into more formats). However, I am planning on attending the 2009s, and will likely play either Blightning, or a deck I created named 4c fetch.

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=2416822&brandid=1 (once again I know this looks bad, but please take into account that since I really got into the game more seriously, I have only played T2. I am planning to really work on my sealed and drafting more, but atm I am too poor to afford MTGO so it is fairly hard.)

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love designing and testing new decks, for one thing though. The thing that keeps me going is that I am just addicted to the feeling I get when I am in the middle of a game I need to win, no matter what event it is. It isn't quite nervousness, but for some reason I just love it.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I am looking for a reliable group of people to develop and test decks with, people to help me improve all areas of my play in Constructed and Limited, and possibly people in the Seattle area who can loan me cards for tournaments.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
Throughout the winter I generally have a lot of free time to test decks, and am generally fairly good at playing any archetype. I also have a bit of a knack for developing decks.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I feel my strengths are creature combat, and possibly my ability to play many archetypes almost equally as well.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Tight play, mulligan decisions, and deciding what archetype to play, although the last isn't helped by my limited collection.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
At the moment I exclusively play T2, I am looking to get better at Limited next, then perhaps expand into Extended.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
T2

If possible, I would like to play a few games with someone from the team over MWS. I realize I have a very low rating, especially in non-constructed formats, and I also have very little experience in large events. Even if it does not make me get on the team, it would be helpful to have someone critique my play a bit.

Thanks!

Spartan
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Alex Branley
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Team Application: Alex Branley Empty Re: Team Application: Alex Branley

Post by Spartan Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 pm

So is there just like a backup or something? I mean, there are applications from June that haven't seen a response...

Spartan
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Alex Branley
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down