The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

team app

Go down

team app Empty team app

Post by roystan Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 pm

-Your Name and age
andrew roystan 23

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
net, ptq's and gp's. Guys getting kinda big..

-Your Magic accomplishments
2007 ohio valley regionals champion...7-0-2 swiss. first round win in top 8 for Nats invite and plaque...Format constructed, type 2

2 Lorwyn limited ptq top eights... One was a win in Cleveland ohio. 6-0-2 swiss then 3-0 top eight for win and invite. Format was lorwyn sealed then Lorwyn top eight draft.

Top 8 at philly ptq. format, limited."sealed". Got into top 8 swiss record 6-1-1.
in top 8 drafted sick deck lost in top four to the eventual winner, in game three i played gift of gargantuan and hit both plainswalkers i drafted. Yeah crappy way to go out of top eight the other finalists deck was jank so we knew winner of ours was on way to Kyoto.

most recently i played in the $3,000 P.E.S. Format extended. Went 5-0-2 in swiss, then won first two rounds and drew in the finals with Tyler Mantey.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.) Split in finals of $3,000 open
Did poorly in following day ptq seeing three teps deck in a row, bad match up for me, and that deck could get very lucky and just beat u anyway.
Then 5-2-1 in lousville ptq. played rock and second to last round affinitty top decks souls fire to kill me before i could kill next turn with win on board. Finished with a win and just missed on prize, which does not matter to me anyway cause prize to me was over when i knew i was out of top 8.

-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=65167929&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
Love of the game, and strive to win. Competition is something i love, no matter what it is ill play to win and eventually will find a way to win. I love a challenge, and mainly i love to use my mind and feel magic kinda hits me on all levels.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team.
I live in Shelby, Ohio yes i am an hour and half from both Columbus, and Cleveland. But in my local area there is really no one to test with and share ideas, that are on my same level. So instead of achieving my accomplishments alone and being a very decent player, i would like to be a part of something bigger that can help me as much as i may beable to help it. Mainly though ive relized i cannot get to where i wanna be doing it alone.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
All my accomplishments have come by myself with no outside help, or well good quality testing partners. So i feel my skill is there and thoughts are credible as they have brought me pretty far. Im also wanting to join a team to help as much as get help, i want to suggest ideas i feel are good and get told im thinking too outside the box at times. lol..

-What your strengths as a Magic player are.
Im very creative, will test anything just to know its junk. Will play inside the box when its needed, but always looking and testing for one advantage or another, cause at no time can a deck or player be flawless.
top constructed rating:1904.
top limited rating:2003.
As u can c my main strength is limited as in my area u do not need a playtest group to be good at limited. Where constructed u do so i feel my strength is getting a good hold on a limited envirement.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are.
The fact i play and test alone, or with people not up to the same calibar as i feel i am. So while others love and learn while testing and talking theory with me, i feel i do not gain anything rarely. Feel like im going to stay right around the level i am at know, which is not the worst thing but i would love to talk chat and play with others as good and hopefully better than i.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are. Whatever is the ptq season or upcomming gp. Pretty much whatever matters at the time.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in.Limited without a doubt.

roystan
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : andrew roystan
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

team app Empty Re: team app

Post by roystan Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm

ok i went to Grand Prix Seattle, bad showing saturday as a 5-3 drop. Sunday i bounced back and got into top eight of the 300+ person PTQ. I played B/G elves, i went 7-0-2 in swiss but due to my ability to double draw i ended up fourth and had to face Matt Mar in the first round. I say this not due to him being a good player but that he was playing Boat Brew! We had played in the swiss and drew and i knew going in he was the one deck to avoid as its such a bad match up for elves unless i can get the nuts and kill him quick. Anyway it happens but just thought id report on it, that ptq was loaded with very high quality players!

- Andrew Roystan

roystan
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : andrew roystan
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down