The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application-Jake Miller

2 posters

Go down

Team Application-Jake Miller Empty Team Application-Jake Miller

Post by Houndofkonda Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 pm

-Your Name and age
Jake Miller
I'm 16

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
MTGSalvation
-Your Magic accomplishments
I just recently started playing competitive magic. I've gone to 3 PTQ's, 5k, and 1 States.. I've recently upped my game over the summer.. I'm planning on going to more events like Gp's next year.
-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
Mass. 5k-Playing Faeries 1-2.. I lost to kithkin round 3 to a mirrorweave on my scion.. I had game on board.
PTQ Berlin-Playing Faeries 3-2..Started out Undefeated and lost to DDW and Kithkin in round 4 and 5 due to manaflood It was disappointing..
PTQ Berlin-Playing Faeries 5-3..Started out 2-0 and then lost the mirror and continued on X-1 until losing to the mirror again and then lost last round to Merfolk.. manaflood again.
-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1201810103&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member
Constructed 1748 Limited 1779
I just recently started playing Constructed, I only played it like 2 years ago when I was a horrible horrible player and I just started over the summer.. 1625 starting of June.. Limited is what I've always played.. since I started, I am yet to go to a Limited PTQ or Tournament that matters and rack up points.. I'm going to all the North Eastern PTQ's in the next couple of months..
-Why you play competitive Magic
I play competitive Magic because I love being competitive.. I also hope to make the tour someday.. Also for the fun of the game.
-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I've heard that this team is really good, I really need a good group of players to bounce ideas off of and try to up my game. Around where I play there is limited amounts of good players to test with and talk to.
-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I'm very good at taking archetypes in a format and tweaking them to a set metagame. I'm also very good at limited sealed, I can't wait until the next PTQ season since its sealed format. I'm also a very solid at drafting.
-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I make limited mistakes, and have very good focus when in a game. I am also really good at strategizing and planning out the next few turns. I study a lot for the format that matters at the given time and try to be ready and prepared for all the tournaments I go to.
-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I have a wicked hard time sticking with a deck before a tournament. Especially states or new formats where there is no metagame to beat.
-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
At this point, whatever format the next PTQ season is.
-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Limited Sealed.

Houndofkonda
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Jake
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Team Application-Jake Miller Empty Re: Team Application-Jake Miller

Post by GavinV Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:40 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, so if you are still interested, you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down