The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application - Justin Stanley

2 posters

Go down

Team Application - Justin Stanley Empty Team Application - Justin Stanley

Post by jdizawgx Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 pm

-Your Name and age: Justin Stanley, 27

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars: Lesurgo's banner, Matt Nass.

-Your Magic accomplishments: Money finish at GP LA, (undefeated day 1), 2nd place at PTQ Honolulu San Diego 1/24.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.): PTQ Honolulu (Sacramento): 5-3 w/TEPS, GP Chicago: 3-2 drop w/Faerie Stompy, PTQ Honolulu (San Diego): 8-2-1.

-A link to your DCI Rating page: http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1202111464&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic: To make the Pro Tour. I enjoy smaller tournaments, etc...but I mostly play to get to the top level.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: You're only as good as the people you surround yourself with. I've got a pretty good group of players around (Bay Area), but travel difficulties, etc...make it hard to get a concentrated group of people around to test consistently every day. Being part of a group that exists purely to push ideas and make the group as a whole better would help immensely.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: I'm a regular poster, I spend a lot of time gathering information on various forums, and sifting through data. I also spend a lot of time on gatherer, trying to figure out new tech. I tend to play a single deck until the point that I know it inside and out, and feel I could provide insights into matchups that may not be obvious.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: Consistency. I put a lot of time choosing a deck for a specific season, then proceed to learn everything I can about it. I prefer being able to know a deck back and forth and being able to identify the paths that a given game will go down.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: I tend to play a single deck, regardless of it being a good meta call. This makes my play cleaner, but also hampers my ability to pick up new decks and run them with efficiency and set myself up for success from the get go. This kind of bleeds over into my limited playing. Pretty weak limited player.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: Currently extended. Whichever constructed format the qualifier season is.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: Extended.

jdizawgx
Applicant

Number of posts : 40
Name : Justin Stanley
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Justin Stanley Empty Re: Team Application - Justin Stanley

Post by GavinV Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:44 am

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down