The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team application-Corey Fineman

2 posters

Go down

Team application-Corey Fineman Empty Team application-Corey Fineman

Post by jewfro Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm

-Your Name and age
Corey- 16

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
My friend Brett piazza

-Your Magic accomplishments
I haven't been able to travel to many major events, given my age and parents but-
Top 64 GP denver
Top 8 Colorado regionals 2008

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
GP denver- top 64, my final record was 8-7, getting horribly bad-beated day 2
Starcitygames philly- 2-2 bad day
Vintage timetwister tournement (i'm not sure if this counts) top 4

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1206829977&Demographic=11&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love playing magic because it is such a rush when you can find that one obscure path to victory. It it just the best feeling. Plus it is fun to do, you get to travel (sometimes) and it is just a great way to meet people and have fun.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
With my age i don't have as much time as i want to play in major tournaments outside of Colorado, but i still am always up to date with every ptq format and test them vigorously even if i know i can't go to more than my local ptq. This seems like a good outlet to share my testing and discuss magic.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I am an all around good player and feel that if i could play in more major events then i would have a much higher rating and more accomplishments. I test a lot, and can share my results and draft constantly and feel that i can make a valuable addition to the team.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
How much testing i do is a big one, but i feel like I am a very strong limited player. Whenever i draft i feel that if i don't get first that i did something wrong, that one pick could have been better, sealed i feel the same way about deckbuilding. The problem is i play at my local store and if i go (in matches) 8-1 over 3 drafts i maybe break even if i'm lucky cause of the scrubs that are there.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
My weakness is lack of tournement play, i have played in probably under 20 major events, but still test tons for all formats.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Whatever ptq season it is.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Probably limited, draft/sealed, whichever, i like to think i'm good at both.

Thanks for reading.
-Corey

jewfro
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Corey Fineman
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Team application-Corey Fineman Empty Re: Team application-Corey Fineman

Post by GavinV Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down