The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application-Mark Littlefield

2 posters

Go down

Team Application-Mark Littlefield Empty Team Application-Mark Littlefield

Post by Mark Littlefield Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:02 pm

-Your Name and age:
My name is Mark Littlefield and I’m 18

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars:
I’ve seen it referenced often. At GP LA alone I think I saw it mentioned 4 times.

-Your Magic accomplishments:
I’ve seriously PTQ’d for a little under a year, and I can’t really say that I have many accomplishment to my name. For the past 6 months I’ve been pretty consistent and usually been placing in the top 32 in most of large events I’ve played in, except for an 0-2 drop at a Shards of Alara sealed PTQ.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
1. 19th at the New England Open (6-3) 1/17/09 - It was a huge draft event run in 8 man 3 round pods. Well over a hundred people showed up and it was a blast. I’m a little disappointed that I went 2-1 and each pod and didn’t get top 16 due to tie breaks, but it happens.
2. 0-2 drop at ALA sealed PTQ- My pool seemed decent but it was just not my day
3. 9th at ALA sealed PTQ (6-2)- My pool was really iffy. My rares consisted of 4 ultimatums that my pool couldn’t support. Even though none of my rares were bomby my deck was decent, but didn’t feel like I could make top 8 with. Later on I do find myself in situations where if I win I make top 8 but I lose to broodmate dragon. Nice Card.
4. Last constructed event: 19th at Boston 5k (6-2-1)- I played faeries and it was just absurdly good. I play for the win and in situation again. I feel in control until I see murderous being namelessly inverted in order to persist and deal 6 damage to me total and having my bitterblossom kill me on the turn I thought I’d kill him. Nifty.

-A link to your DCI Rating page:
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=1543124&brandid=1

-Why you play competitive Magic:
I am always playing to get better. Every event that I play in allows me to see some hole in my game that I can repair for the next tournament. My goal is to get on tour, but I also want to be legitimately good. I don’t want to get there and think, “Well I did it,” and then stop improving from there.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team:
I want to discuss competitive magic with a group of players that either at or hopefully beyond my level of skill in order to gain more knowledge. While at the same time I want to prove that I can provide that sort of knowledge.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants:
I try to stay updated with every format from standard to vintage so there are very few topics I can’t comment on.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: I’ve played a lot of magic. Many people can make that claim. However, the point is that it has done two very important things for me. I am no longer nervous about any game of magic I play. There was a point where I was playing and sometimes my nerves would cost me a match or two. Playing more and more just got rid of my nervousness. Playing frequently also led to me being able to play at a fast pace. I like this for a couple of reasons, judges won’t call me on slow play, and it gives my opponent less time to think. Obviously there is the risk of not thinking things through and completely punting a match, but with enough testing I don’t see it happening that much.

-What your weaknesses as a Magic player are:
I don’t network with more players enough. This application is my first step in trying to change that.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are:
I’m usually focusing on either current or upcoming formats that are relevant on the competitive level. The only format I play year-round is type 4, and well, I don’t think that counts.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in:
Despite being fascinated by the huge card pools in extended and legacy, I’m probably better at standard and block formats.

Please add anything more you think would be important to your application. The more we know, the better we can make an informed decision about your application.
-I like lands that add blue mana.

Mark Littlefield
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Bizmarkymark
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Team Application-Mark Littlefield Empty Re: Team Application-Mark Littlefield

Post by GavinV Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down