The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Application - Doug Procunier

2 posters

Go down

Team Application - Doug Procunier Empty Team Application - Doug Procunier

Post by DoogleStyle Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Hello, here’s my info!

-Your Name and age:
Doug Procunier, 27

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars:
My friend Jason Terry is on the team, he referred me to the website.

-Your Magic accomplishments:
I’ve been taking a break from real-life Magic due to a recent arrival to the family (baby girl), but am looking forward to returning to cards I can touch and shuffle with my hands instead of my mouse cursor. I haven’t honestly played competitive Magic in real life more than 5 times in the past 2 years (my history goes back to 1998, where I took 3rd place at the Michigan Renaissance Festival tournament). I have, however, kept up with MTGO, the sets and the formats. So, my past accomplishments include:
States: 9th place in 2000.
Regionals: 12th place both in 2004 and 2008.
PTQs: numerous top 8s with 2 wins and a couple of 2nd places.
Pro Tour: placed out of money in New Orleans 2001, and Boston (team) 2003.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.):
2008 MI Regionals Standard (place: 12) record: 6-2
2006 MI Champs Limited Sealed Deck (place: 19) record: 4-2-1
2006 PTQ Kobe Sealed Deck (place: 22) record: 4-2

-A link to your DCI Rating page:
DCI Rating Link

-Why you play competitive Magic:
I play competitive Magic because I love it. I love the game, traveling to tournaments, and competing in general. While I am a fan of the collecting aspect of Magic as well, it’s playing in tournaments that really draws me in. Most of all I love winning prizes (such as packs, which my wife loves to open), seeing new sets, and coming up with strategies to draft/construct/play.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
My main reasons include wanting an arena to discuss constructed decks as well as draft and sealed deck strategies, and getting back to playing RL magic with my friend Jason. I’m also looking for people to playtest with on MTGO (much easier for me to play right now).

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants:
I have a great sense of humor, a huge willingness to get back into the game, discuss, playtest, and play competitively again, as well as lots of free time to post on forums and stuff. Smile

-What your strengths as a Magic player are:
I think my best skill is figuring out ways to win when there seem to be none available, i.e. never giving up and sneaking in every point of damage I possible can. I’m also good at building draft decks, am decent at sealed decks, have a huge knowledge of past cards, the ability to learn from mistakes, and I also have the “Doogle Stare.”

-What your weakness as a Magic player are:
In the past I’ve been known to pigeon-hole myself into one type of deck that I played (Beatdown). I’d draft it, build it in sealed, and run it in every constructed format. But this year I’ve learned to shed that prejudice and open myself up to other ideas.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are:
Now I mostly do booster drafts and play Standard constructed on MTGO. I used to play every format in real life, from Type 1 all the way to 2-Headed Giant.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in:
Standard is probably my best format, with Extended a close 2nd, followed by Booster Draft and Sealed Deck.

I can always be reached for additional information via email at: dooglestyle@gmail.com
Oh, and I almost forgot to put my MTGO Username on here: Two_Towers. Just in case you want to check out my online rating or chat.
Thanks for considering my application!
DoogleStyle
DoogleStyle
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Doug Procunier
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Doug Procunier Empty App status

Post by DoogleStyle Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Just curious as to the status of my app. Give me a shout if you have any comments or questions.

-Doug
DoogleStyle
DoogleStyle
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Doug Procunier
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Doug Procunier Empty Re: Team Application - Doug Procunier

Post by GavinV Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Team Application - Doug Procunier Empty Re: Team Application - Doug Procunier

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down