The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Daniel Bragg

2 posters

Go down

Application:  Daniel Bragg Empty Application: Daniel Bragg

Post by nachomancer Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 am

-Your Name and age

Daniel Bragg, 15

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars

mtgsalvation.com

-Your Magic accomplishments

mss t64, gp t64, multiple ptq t16, 9th at states 3 years in a row, multiple vintage cash tourny wins (not sure if you care about this one)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them.

GP Denver: t64, GP Indy: 5-3 drop, PTQ at GP Indy (over 300 people): top 16 (6-2-1)

-A link to your DCI Rating page

http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1200098531&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic

I play magic because I love the mental competition. I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself without the mental and creative outlet that magic gives me.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team

I want to join the team so I can improve my game. While I can consistently do well at the local level, I feel I need an extra push in order to make it big in pro level events.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants

I can always make time for playtesting, and feel that I have a pretty good grasp of constructed formats.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are

I feel that my constructed technical play is very good. I also am hard to put on tilt and have a solid mental (bluffing) game.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are

I often start playtesting/choosing a deck much later than I should. I feel that playing suboptimal decks has really held me back as a player.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are

I most often end up focusing on whatever the current PTQ season is. I'll usually draft at least 3-4 times a week, which keeps me at least decent at limited.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in

Probably standard, although I do play a lot of vintage

I usually can make it to most large events in the US, so I'll hopefully be able to see some of you guys occasionally. (I'll definitely be at GP Kansas City)

nachomancer
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Daniel Bragg
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Application:  Daniel Bragg Empty Re: Application: Daniel Bragg

Post by GavinV Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:54 pm

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, so if you are still interested, you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down