The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Kevin Grove

3 posters

Go down

Application - Kevin Grove Empty Application - Kevin Grove

Post by Kev Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:17 am

Hi guys,

-Your Name and age
Kevin Grove, 25

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Via Gav

-Your Magic accomplishments
PPC lvl 5 this year, went 15-0 at a GP, won nats last year, Team Worlds 4th. Played in 6 Pt's

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
8-4 @ Nats, 4-4 @ PT San Diego, 5-3 @ GP Oakland and GP Grussels

-A link to your DCI Rating page

DCI-page
-Why you play competitive Magic
I love the feeling of finding the best play. I get a thrill from the fact that I won a game because I made less mistakes. Playing at PT's shows me that I am able to compete with the very best. It makes me want to do even even better.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
PT Amsterdam is coming up. I have yet to make a day 2 at a PT. I want to take home the title this time. The summer is looking to be full of M11 draft and 1.x brewing. I need people to bounce back ideas from and give additional information. I also want to get 'the fire' back. I havent done well in the last major tournaments I have played. I want to get back to the level I was at last year at the time I won my nationals and did well at the GP. Playing felt like a 2nd nature and I felt I had game against every player in the world.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
This is going to sound very cocky: I think I am a better player and theorist than most people on the team. I have played at a high level for the last years and my experience could come in very handy.

NinjaEDIT: I just read some of the people that applied and got into the team. I feel I am probably on a similar level to some of these people. Still, I can theorise to a pretty high level and would like to share my ideas.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I am very good at finding the most optimal play. At times this feels very weird, since sometimes I cant rationalize the play. It feels like I do all the numbers subconsciously and my gut just tells me what the correct decision is.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Sometimes I dont go for the throat fast enough. At times I switch from 'how am I going to win this game' to 'How can I lose this game in any way?'. Usually it doesnt matter, but at times I decide I cant afford to play around runner runner runner, and then promptly lose to it.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Draft and 1.x

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Sealed, by a landslide. I've made top8 in over 90% of my sealed PTQ's. Next up is the old 1.x, I somehow identify the strongest deck in a large card pool quite easily.

Extra's
The GP I went 15-0 in where the first 12 matches I played with M10...
My highest rating is 2222 Total
I won my Nats with a 62-card maindeck
I went 0-1 in the last 10 drafts I did on Mtgo (RRR, Med123 and ZZW)
Went a combined 24-4-4 with tezzeret in 4 1.x PTQ's but didnt win a single one of them

Last edited by Kev on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kev
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Kevin Grove
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Application - Kevin Grove Empty Re: Application - Kevin Grove

Post by Kev Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 am

Just read DanG is also a part of the team. Is OJ also in from his application?

I know these guys from talking with them at Gp's, Pt's and DanG also from mIRC

Kev
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Kevin Grove
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Application - Kevin Grove Empty Re: Application - Kevin Grove

Post by JonyLeaber Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:32 am

This is team is well

JonyLeaber
Applicant