The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrick Reilly

Go down

Patrick Reilly Empty Patrick Reilly

Post by Patrick_Star Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:40 pm

-Your Name and age
Patrick Reilly, 18

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
I just found out some of my friends are on this team. Brett Piazza and Steve Golenda

-Your Magic accomplishments
Top 8 (4th) Ptq San Diego
Top 8 States 4-8th (wyoming)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
PTQ Juan 5-3
PTQ San Diego 7-1
State Championships 4-0-1

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=2479157&brandid=1
I have 2 DCI Numbers and am not sure how to fix it/ kinda lazy about it, doesnt seem important, but that is the best one. You can find both of my ratings there

-Why you play competitive Magic
Its a fun game, i like using my brain and my dream is to make the pro tour. I mean come on get payed 40,000 dollars potentially for using my brain?? seems really good.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I want to expand my brain and my knowledge of the game. I would like to be apart of this team, because learning from people i look up too in the magic world, is a great thing. I love this game, and I think being apart of this team, can get me where i want to be. I feel i can contribute to your team.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I'm a great magic player, i have great grades and i study the game alot, its like a 6th sense, i'm a great player, probably one of the best in colorado, i wouldn't say im the best player but i'd like to think i am their in competitive range every ptq. i prep, i test, i study whenever i can. I cant get enough of this game.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are:
I have an excellent mind for connecting cards, I can read a card and think of interactions. I'm an excellent limited player and Constructed player, I make good choices. Not only in draft, but in deck choices for big events as well.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are:
Misreads, sometimes i misread the state of the board. When i come up with my own decks instead of net decking, i tend to have troubles with deciding the amount of a card i want, like why should i run 3 baneslayer angels instead of 3 Bogardan Hellkites for an example.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are:
Extended Limited Standard, in no particular order, it just depends on the season.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in:
This is tough i don't want to toot my own horn by saying i'm more then I am, however im proficient in standard and limited the most. My rating doesnt show it because i have trouble making it to fnms because i'm currently going to school (trying to keep up the 4.0 GPA).

One thing is for sure, if you let me on the team you wont regret it.

Regardless of if you let me on your team, i will make a pro tour. I am dedicated. I just want to skip a few steps and try to make myself better by joining team unknown stars. It would be an honor.

Thank you.

Patrick.

Patrick_Star
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Patrick Reilly
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Patrick Reilly Empty By the way

Post by Patrick_Star Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:54 pm

I top 8'd states with a modified version of the grixis deck you proposed on star city so i wanted to say thanks Smile. I barely lost to my friend who was playing Turbo fog :/

Patrick_Star
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Patrick Reilly
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum