The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applicaton - Derrick Steele

2 posters

Go down

Applicaton - Derrick Steele Empty Applicaton - Derrick Steele

Post by knight Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:57 am

-Derrick Steele, 26

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars: Ed Roman

-Your Magic accomplishments: Top 64 Finish at GP: Dallas, Countless PTQ Top 8s, Beating Gavin at the LCQ (just kidding Gavin!)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them: Standard PTQ - 3rd/4th place finish with Merfolk (losing to the mirror, darn those die rolls), Sealed PTQ 0-2 (Misbuilt deck as RB instead of green base with more powerful cards), Extended PTQ 4-3 (Casting Cruel Ultimatum on turn 5!)

-A link to your DCI Rating page: http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=39981760&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic: I play competitive Magic because I enjoy seeking out the thrill of victory in an extremely competitive field. (The better the competition the better I say, prevents laziness)

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: I am seeking out a new group to test with and as with most anything in life, there is a need to surround yourself with those whom are better than you so you can (hopefully) be brought up to their level.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: A willingness to try new ideas, which may otherwise be dismissed outright.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: I tend to play decks, which are designed less to be the best possible deck and more to confuse and confound my opponents.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: I hate to repeat myself, but... I tend to play decks, which are designed less to be the best possible deck and more to confuse and confound my opponents. (see - Cruel Ultimatum in Extended!)

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: Typically whatever qualifier season we are in, but I also enjoy Legacy and Vintage.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: Extended

knight
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Derrick Steele
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Applicaton - Derrick Steele Empty Re: Applicaton - Derrick Steele

Post by knight Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am

Won a PTQ for Amsterdam, would like a group to test/consult for on Extended!

Thanks all.

knight
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Derrick Steele
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JonyLeaber Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:31 am

knight wrote:-Derrick Steele, 26

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars: Ed Roman

-Your Magic accomplishments: Top 64 Finish at GP: Dallas, Countless PTQ Top 8s, Beating Gavin at the LCQ (just kidding Gavin!)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them: Standard PTQ - 3rd/4th place finish with Merfolk (losing to the mirror, darn those die rolls), Sealed PTQ 0-2 (Misbuilt deck as RB instead of green base with more powerful cards), Extended PTQ 4-3 (Casting Cruel Ultimatum on turn 5!)

-A link to your DCI Rating page: http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=39981760&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic: I play competitive Magic because I enjoy seeking out the thrill of victory in an extremely competitive field. (The better the competition the better I say, prevents laziness)

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: I am seeking out a new group to test with and as with most anything in life, there is a need to surround yourself with those whom are better than you so you can (hopefully) be brought up to their level.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: A willingness to try new ideas, which may otherwise be dismissed outright.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: I tend to play decks, which are designed less to be the best possible deck and more to confuse and confound my opponents.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: I hate to repeat myself, but... I tend to play decks, which are designed less to be the best possible deck and more to confuse and confound my opponents. (see - Cruel Ultimatum in Extended!)

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: Typically whatever qualifier season we are in, but I also enjoy Legacy and Vintage.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: Extended

I have seen you application and It will be perfect.

JonyLeaber
Applicant

Number of posts : 5
Name : Banindfoe
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum