The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team app: Chris Larson

2 posters

Go down

Team app:  Chris Larson Empty Team app: Chris Larson

Post by miseatron Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 am

-Your Name and age
Chris Larson, age 27.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
I know the Gavin.

-Your Magic accomplishments
I've t8ed a couple PTQs (limited).

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them
I've been out of the game for about 6 months, just getting back in for the current Extended season. I played at the last Extended PTQ but with no testing and did poorly. Before that I think the PTQs I did were Rav limited where I T8ed two out of 3 or 4.

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=90721601&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
That's a good question. I've always loved playing magic (1995 represent) but I think the mental competition as well as the diversity of everything involved with the game make it very difficult to rise to the top. I like challenges and would love to do a lot better in the game.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
Nobody around this area tests or shares their info with anybody else. I notice people that do really well have a team and help each other out with tech and deck ideas. I'd love to be a part of something like that.

I also owe Gavin some dice and I figure this is the best way to get them back to him.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I test like crazy.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
Limited. Haha. Constructed is my weakest point but mostly because I've never really worked hard on it before. I love me a draft. I've very open to new ideas and criticism of my play. I realize that this game is just based on who makes the least amount of mistakes (aside from the inevitable mana screw).

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
I'm bad at seeing turns in the future like some players can see, where they set up their game plan for multiple plays ahead.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Currently Extended. I play on attending Vancouver, Portland, and Seattle PTQs.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Limited (both draft and sealed).

miseatron
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Chris
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Team app:  Chris Larson Empty Re: Team app: Chris Larson

Post by GavinV Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down