The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JimmyD Application

2 posters

Go down

JimmyD Application Empty JimmyD Application

Post by JimmyD Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Hello,

My name is Jim Dyke. You will find my responses to the required questions below. I hope the application process does not take too long. I have heard horror stories from some of my friends in the group that it took up to 4-6 months for their application to be seen. Please keep me posted, I will check often for an application update.

-Your Name and age - Jim Dyke 26

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars - Brian Siu and Melissa DeTora

-Your Magic accomplishments - Top 32 US Nats, Top 64 PT Phili, Numerous top 16 GP finishes, Top 8 GP Madison, Multiple PTQ top 8s and wins, Never missed a top 8 at States, Probably others but I am not digging for them all.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regional, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)

PT Geneva - Record 3 or 4-X, though in the last round day one I scooped to Wafo-Tapo so he could make day 2 (I was already eliminated)

PTQ for block Record: 6-2-1 (made top 8 but I was absolutely wasted, if alcoholics are not allowed in this team I could be in trouble, I remember winning game one but that is it, I do not remember game 2 or 3)

PTQ also for block - Record 5-2? whatever the last round to lose in prior to top 8.

-A link to your DCI Rating page:
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?action=search_member&personid=51329&brandid=1

-Why you play competitive Magic: I enjoy the competition but I have to say that being with my friends is the main draw of the game, I also happen to be good at it so that is an added bonus.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: Seems to be an active community with a bunch of my friends. I enjoy discussing theories.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: My premier event experience is probably higher than average (maybe not in this group, not sure) but I have played in 4 or 5 PTs and qualified for a couple that I did not attend. I also tend to think outside the box and often have my own strategies that work very well.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: Mental game, I usually know what you have in your hand and I always know what stage the game is in (you would be surprised how many people do not know this). I also am better than most in the red zone, I am not sure why every sucks at attacking.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: Time. If I spent a lot of time on Magic I would probably be much much better than I am right now.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: Whatever the current GP, PTQ, or PT is that I am going to.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: Whatever one I go to. Typically if I prepare for an event I do very well regardless of the format.

Thanks,
Jim
JimmyD
JimmyD
Member of Team Unknown Stars

Number of posts : 170
Name : Jim Dyke
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

JimmyD Application Empty Re: JimmyD Application

Post by GavinV Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks for your application. I'll make sure that it's taken care of in a timely manner.

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyD Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Thank you sir.
JimmyD
JimmyD
Member of Team Unknown Stars

Number of posts : 170
Name : Jim Dyke
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinV Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down