Application: Marco Orsini Jones

Go down

Application: Marco Orsini Jones

Post by MarcoOJ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:39 pm

-Your Name and age: Marco Orsini Jones, 21.

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars: My friend Dan Gardner is a member, and read about it on coverage of some GPs/PTs.

-Your Magic accomplishments: UK Nationals t4 2007, played at 4 PTs (Valencia, Worlds New York, Berlin (33rd), Kyoto) and Q'ed for PT Honolulu but couldnt play, top 32 GP Florence 2007, created the UW Baneslayer t2 deck that Dan G won UK nats with in 2009.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.): PTQ: San Juan in Madrid - lost in semifinals, GP Madrid - 5-2-1 drop, PTQ San Juan in UK - 0-2 drop.

-A link to your DCI Rating page: http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=38842508&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic: enjoy the competition, the company of friends that play and the fact that it's always changing so you have to keep on your toes.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: would like to able to share, discuss and read about tech with a group of good players.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: I am very good at evaluating metagames and creating/selecting decks to attack fairly fixed/static metas, eg i created the UW baneslayer deck in t2 when Jund, RB and 5c control were very popular and i have consistently selected the 'right' deck to play at big tourneys (GB rack at Nats '07, WB tokens in Kyoto, elf combo in Berlin).

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: creating and tuning decks to beat established metagames

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: make too many silly/'obvious' mistakes, particularly in limited, probably as i generally devote less time to practising games of limited before tournaments compared to constructed

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: whichever format the next big tournament is, so generally for me the PTQ season format and whatever the next GP and/or PT is (as i help my brother to test even if i am not qualified)

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: constructed formats with a restricted card pool, so t2 and block

MarcoOJ
Applicant

Number of posts : 11
Name : Marco Orsini Jones
Registration date : 2010-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Application: Marco Orsini Jones

Post by MarcoOJ on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Just thought i'd add that i won a ptq for san juan today in paris Smile. Went 7-0 in the swiss then 2-0 in the t8 (2 slots), playing a blood moon zoo deck of my own design, which i had previously t4ed a 320 player ptq at GP madrid with, and t8ed and t16ed 2 big online ptqs (200+ players) with (on the 11th and 14th of feb, username haiSOOOOdesu).

MarcoOJ
Applicant

Number of posts : 11
Name : Marco Orsini Jones
Registration date : 2010-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down