Team application: Kurt Fruth

Go down

Team application: Kurt Fruth

Post by kurtkeoki on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm

-Your Name and age
Kurt Fruth 29

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Some friends of mine, Jason Terry, Kyle Boggemes, and some others are on the team.

-Your Magic accomplishments
Played at PT Kyoto, 31st at GP Minneapolis, 9 ptq top 8s, A bunch of states top 8s.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
PTQ San Diego in Columbus, 6th; PTQ San Juan in Indy, 2nd; PTQ San Juan in Detroit, 3rd

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=705350&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member
For some reason the copy and paste only takes it to the main rankings page. My DCI# is 705350.

-Why you play competitive Magic
I enjoy both the game and the trips to tournies with my friends. I can't really play the game and be a casual player. I get enjoyment out of doing well at tough tournaments, not from top 8'ing FNM.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I would like to have a solid group of players to playtest online with, and work on deck ideas with. I have a good group of friends locally that play, but they often end up playing control while I end up playing beatdown, so I end up doing a lot of the work on my decks myself.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I have a lot of time to playtest and work on deck ideas. I've been playing the game almost since the DCI has been around, so experience certainly isn't an issue.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
Sealed and draft are probably my best games, although I've put a lot more time into constructed lately and the results have reflected that. I have nearly an equal split of ptq top 8s in limited and constructed.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Sometimes I have trouble getting over a tough loss. I often don't go into a rough matchup with the right attitude.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Whatever the current ptq season is. I end up playing a lot of standard and draft year round, although I don't work on decks much for standard unless there is a major tourney coming up.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Historically it's been sealed deck and draft, but lately I've been putting a lot of time into extended and so far it's paid off.

Please add anything more you think would be important to your application. The more we know, the better we can make an informed decision about your application.
I think my game and dedication have both improved a lot since I last applied over a year ago.

kurtkeoki
Applicant

Number of posts : 3
Name : Kurt Fruth
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down