Application: Noah Whinston

Go down

Application: Noah Whinston

Post by baldr7 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm

A word before i start, i am fully aware that i do not have the qualifications to be a member of the team, based on reading others' applications. however i would greatly appreciate an explanation of what i need to add to my resume (apart from high finishes) in order to be accepted. with that said---

-Your Name and age
Noah Whinston, 15
-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Gavin's articles
-Your Magic accomplishments
Paid writer for TCGPlayer, paid podcaster for Blackborder.com, top 8 at 3 consecutive GB National Qualifiers (scooped people into qualification due to not being able to play in GB Nats as an American
-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
PTQ Chicago (for San Diego), 2-3 drop
PTQ Reading (for Austin) 3-3
GB National Qualifier 4-2
-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/mystats.aspx
-Why you play competitive Magic
Short answer: I like to win. i'm an ambitious and competitive person and magic is my current way of fueling that hunger
-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
to be linked to a wider community of top notch players who can help me grow as a player and individual
-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants?
I have connctions with other strong players around the world, including Nico Bohny, Joel Calafell, Yann Massicard, and Martin Juza
-What your strengths as a Magic player are
my drive to be the best i can be, and therefore my unwillingness to give up
-What your weakness as a Magic player are
i need to improve my technical play as well as slow myself down before leaping intodecisions
-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
i play a lot of standard on MTGO and draft at least once a week either at my store or online. i love extended and playtest it even when it's not extended season Smile
-Which format you think you're most proficient in
either standard or extended

as i said, i dont expect to be accepted onto the team, but would still appreciate someone taking time to tell me which areas i need t buff up.

thanks!

baldr7
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : noah whinston
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down