Team Application: Justin Brown

Go down

Team Application: Justin Brown

Post by justincase on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 pm

My name is Justin Brown and I am 22 years old.

I found out about TUS from Scott Schoff.

My MTG accomplishments:
- over 20 PTQ Top 8s, with 1 win Sad
- 3 Ky States Top 8s
- 4/5 GP Day 2s made, with 1 money finish: GP Kansas City 18th place (2nd place amateur)
- 1 Ky Open Top 8
- Accomplished 3v3 money drafter Smile

My last 3 major tournaments with results:
1. PTQ Austin-Louisville, Ky. 1st place, 9-1-1.
2. 2009 KY Open. 4-2 drop
3. GP Indy 2008. 8-5 drop

Rating Page

I love to play Magic the Gathering competitively for three simple reasons. I love card games, I love strategy games, and regardless of what I am doing at any given time you can bet that I am competing. Iím in it to win it.

I honestly have to say that my main reason for wanting to join TUS is my recent PTQ win. That does not mean that I am going to use this forum and all its members for tech on the upcoming PT and then leave. My PTQ win has rekindled my love of the game and my competitive spark. I have been in and out of MTG for the last 3-4 years. Between having to share my time in the recent past with college and jobs, and having most of the elite KY players quitting over the last couple years, I havenít been very motivated to put much time into the game; But that has all changed now. KY once again has an elite group of players to lead the state in Team Mystical Teachings, who are my friends and colleagues, and I am no longer enrolled college. The time is right, and the hunger is back. I have already made travels plans for GPs Tampa and Minneapolis as well as PT Austin and plan on posting solid results in them. Also, I am always trying to improve my skills, and what better way to do that than to ally myself with a group of peoples with this same overall goal.

What would I bring to TUS?: I bring with me above all a lot of experience. I have played the game since I was 10 years old, that adds up to almost 13 years worth, 12 of which competitive. I also bring with me an ample willingness to put in the man hours necessary to achieve efficient play testing results. Outside of irl playing with TMT, I am constantly online and always willing to battle on MWS.

I have several strengths as a Magic player. I have been playing strategy games since I could think, so there are very few aspects of the game that I do not excel at, especially in game. I excel at reading opponents and anticipating their action to achieve the maximum benefit out any situation. I also have uncanny ability to leave the game for long periods and needing little to no adjustment time to continue playing at the same skill level.

My weakness in Magic is without a doubt my deck building skills. Despite constant efforts I have proven time and time again that I can not build a deck from scratch to save my life. Tuning decks are no problem, but to come up with a completely original thought as far as deck building I am at a loss.

I donít really focus on any one format particularly. Whatever is current. I donít play Vintage or Legacy at all though.

I am most proficient in Limited. I am able to easily and accurately evaluate cards and find the synergies between them and realize the optimal archetypes.

I hope to soon be contributing to this collection of minds and doing whatever I can to improving all of our games. Thank you.

justincase
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Justin Brown
Registration date : 2009-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Application: Justin Brown

Post by yourvengefulgod on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks for the application, Justin. Concerning your real-life team "Team Mystical Teachings" have you discussed with them that you have applied to TUS? What would your personal policy on information gleaned from their testing sessions, and the information we discuss here?

In other words, I'd just like to know how you planned on balancing the interests and security of your in-person team and the one you're applying for here.

yourvengefulgod
Member of Team Unknown Stars

Number of posts : 294
Name : Justin LaRose
Registration date : 2008-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justincase on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:30 am

I mentioned I heard about TUS from Scott Schoff. He is the founder of Team Mystical teachings, and I heard about TUS from him as he is a member here as well. And regarding the balance of interests: For the most part I would be sharing information from both teams with each other as this will always bring forth the best results. Unless of course it is made clear that something is be left exclusive to a certain group.

justincase
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Justin Brown
Registration date : 2009-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down