Go down

Team Application- Travis Woo

Post by Travis on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:04 am

-Your Name and age
Travis Woo, 19

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
From the world renowned Lesurgo himself

-Your Magic accomplishments
Top 16 JSS (shoulda won this won imo), top 16 GP: Seattle (also shoulda won this one imo), beat THE Gavin Verhey in the finals of QT Hollywood (ding ding)

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
GP: Seattle - 12-3
Regionals - 2-3-1 (I was playing turbofog, give me a break)
QT: Honolulu 0-2 (I was playing a boggart ram-gang deck in honor of my late friend who's funeral was later that day)

Excuses, excuses, I know, but a few ptqs before those I was defeated in the semis only by Michael Phelps. MICHAEL PHELPS! Come on!

-A link to your DCI Rating page
https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=29555191&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

-Why you play competitive Magic
I love competition. More accurately, I love crushing people's dreams and making them submit to my superiority (half-true).

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I run out of magic content really quickly and could use another site in my rotation. Maybe teamunknownstars could be the mecca that nwmagic was always supposed to be yet never was?

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I'm a deck builder and a general wealth of knowledge.
Most people just play the game; I see the game.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
Deck building, making the best plays, having the best deck no one knows about, and ALWAYS having the aura.
The player is the 61st card in the deck, and my 61st is WAY better than my opponents. Think vanguard prodigal sorcerer vs. Mirri the Cursed. Bad Beat.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
Refusal to ever play "the best" deck, and thinking that I have no weaknesses.
I suppose I could lower my misplay percentage, but then again, everyone can.
And mulliganning. I would rather lose.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
Whatever is in season and cube.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Constructed.

Last thing I want to say is, Gavin, you're completely power drunk in the finished application forum denying people willy nilly. However, I acknowledge that a man has gotta do what a man has gotta do.

Travis
Applicant

Number of posts : 1
Name : Travis Woo
Registration date : 2009-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down