The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kellen Abel

3 posters

Go down

Kellen Abel Empty Kellen Abel

Post by backpack Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:44 pm

-Your name and Age: Kellen Abel, 20

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars: Friends with Gavin, met some people at nationals a couple years ago

-Your Magic accomplishments: bunch of ptq/regionals/states top 8s, nationals and jss nationals appearances.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.): I haven't been to a tournament in quite a few months, I went to a ptq in Seattle a few weeks ago to get back into things and went 6-2.

-A link to your DCI Rating page: http://tinyurl.com/d3wqv9

-Why you play competitive Magic: Previously it was for fun, I'm a competitive person and it's a great way to take advantage of that. I took a break to focus on school (and WoW...) and realized that I could make something more out of my magic career. Now I'm looking to be a successful player on the pro tour level.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team: I'm mostly interested in access to new tech, deck ideas, drafting strategies, etc. Basically, to be able to communicate with players who want to succeed as much as I do. Obviously my own testing and tech would be made available in exchange.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants: I'm devoting a significant amount of my time to playtesting and designing. I've designed many top 8 ptq decks played by myself and others in the seattle community, had a hand in the mannequin deck and designed dragonstorm, ug aggro, and many other decks within 15 cards of lists posted by flores/karsten/other designers on the same timeline. I can provide testing and design, especially for standard.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are: standard design and testing.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are: extended, knowledge of latest sets.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are: Draft because it's so easily available, and whatever format is currently at the ptqs.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in: Not positive anymore, probably constructed since so little changes between sets.

I'd like to add that I had forum access previously, a couple generations of forums ago. I've team drafted with many of the new york people, and played with Gavin for years. Jon Loucks and my testing has been freely shared with this team through Gavin for a long while, and he's helped us on occasion as well. The reason I'd like forum access now is to be able to more freely share lists and tech between our group and team Unknown Stars. If I have to be on the team for that, then please base that on this app.

backpack
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Kellen Abel
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Kellen Abel Empty Re: Kellen Abel

Post by backpack Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:52 am

went to a portland ptq today and top 8'd with faeries.

backpack
Applicant

Number of posts : 2
Name : Kellen Abel
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Kellen Abel Empty Re: Kellen Abel

Post by JonyLeaber Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 am

Thanks for share your application.

JonyLeaber
Applicant

Number of posts : 5