The Official Forums of Team Unknown Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Kurt fruth

3 posters

Go down

Application: Kurt fruth Empty Application: Kurt fruth

Post by kurtkeoki Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 pm

-Your Name and age
Kurt Fruth, 28

-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
I'm friends with Jason Terry and Kyle Boggemes

-Your Magic accomplishments
6 PTQ top 8s with 1 win. Played in only 2 gps, but I did well at both, with a day 2 finish at the first GP Detroit, and X-2 at the first GP Madison. Minnesota states top 8, three times Michigan states top 8. 9th at Michigan states. Kyoto will be my first pro tour.

-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
First at PTQ Kyoto, 2-5 and 3-4 at PTQ Honolulu.

-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=705350&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=55&ratingseasonid=55&Page=1&action=Search_Member
On MTGO, my current ratings are 1760ish constructed and 1840ish limited. I don't play a ton of constructed events on mtgo however. I prefer live for constructed.

-Why you play competitive Magic
Mostly because I enjoy the game. It feels great going to a premier event and doing well, knowing I beat some great players.

-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
A few of the people on the team are friends of mine. I want a group of solid players to theorize and test with on a regular basis. Playing on a team is rewarding because you share success and failure as a team.

-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
I have a lot of time to devote to testing. I like to think outside the box and I'm willing to suggest an idea I've come up with, even if others won't always accept it right off.

-What your strengths as a Magic player are
I have a lot of time to devote to playtesting. I draft all the time, with a decent amount of success. Limited is probably my stronger game, but half of my ptq top 8s are in Constructed, as well as 3 of my 4 states top 8s.

-What your weakness as a Magic player are
My biggest weakness is not letting go of a loss after I punted or was really unlucky. Losing gracefully is something I'm working hard on.

-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
I work on draft and standard regardless of what ptq season is going on. I also focus on ptqs, which is currently extended. I used to play a lot of Vintage but haven't much lately.

-Which format you think you're most proficient in
Drafting is probably my strongest game, followed closely by standard. I feel I adapt well during a draft, taking the best card for a situation rather than what might seem best in a vacuum. I also plan ahead well in draft. As far as standard, I usually try to play 1 deck rather than switching each week. I feel this has given me a big advantage over people that don't get as much practice with their deck.

Please add anything more you think would be important to your application. The more we know, the better we can make an informed decision about your application.

kurtkeoki
Applicant

Number of posts : 3
Name : Kurt Fruth
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Application: Kurt fruth Empty Re: Application: Kurt fruth

Post by aesop1brett Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Kurt, what's up man? Long time no see. What have you been up to? Still playing magic I see. Brett.

aesop1brett
Member of Team Unknown Stars

Number of posts : 52
Name : Brett Piazza
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kurtkeoki Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 am

Hey Brett, nice to hear from you. Congrats on your success since moving to CO. I'm playing again after a break. Finally won a ptq after some near misses.

kurtkeoki
Applicant

Number of posts : 3
Name : Kurt Fruth
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinV Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:54 am

After careful consideration and discussion, you have not been chosen to be added to the team at this time. Team Unknown Stars is always looking for new members, and if you are still interested you may reapply after 30 days have passed.

Thank you,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down