Application-Matthew Nass

Post by magicmatt on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 pm

-Your Name and age
Matthew Nass 16
-How you found out about Team Unknown Stars
Jonathan Hom and magicthegathering.com article
-Your Magic accomplishments
1 PTQ top 8 back to back nats appearances mss champs qualification
-The last three major tournaments you attended and your record at each of them (Major tournaments are considered to be large events such as PTQ's, Regionals, Champs, Nationals, the Pro Tour, and other events on those levels or higher.)
Nationals 8-6 PTQ Berlin 1-2 PTQ Berlin 4-3
-A link to your DCI Rating page
http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=1201905659&Demographic=1%7C1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member
-Why you play competitive Magic
I enjoy the challenge of competitive magic and while ive been good at other things before its the first thing where ive ever been rated like top 2000 in the world or anything like that.
-What your main reasons are for wanting to join the team
I wanted to improve and its hard to do so alone. Specifically, I would like to make the pro tour.
-What you think you would bring to the team that makes you stand out above other applicants
deck building, specifically wacky ideas. Some successful ideas i have include scorched rusalka in EXT rdw led to shane mason (former teammember) top 8ing a ptq kavu predator fiery justice in t2 led to top 4 regionals for me foresee molten disaster and boom/bust in tsp block teachings (led to friend day 2ing gp sf) scryb and force in tsp block RG riddle led to my ptq top 8
-What your strengths as a Magic player are
deck building and limited id say
-What your weakness as a Magic player are
i often make bad decisions about what deck to play and decide to play rogue or heavily tweaked decks even when i should just learn how to play a metagame deck well. One of the things I was hoping for from this team was that it would help push me in the right direction for deck choices.
-What the main formats that you play and focus on are
any ptq formats and anything else im starting to even get into eternal a little
-Which format you think you're most proficient in
I dunno my rating says limited but i think im a pretty balanced player

magicmatt
Applicant

Number of posts : 321
Name : Matthew Nass
Registration date : 2008-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Application-Matthew Nass

Post by GavinV on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 pm

After careful consideration, you have been accepted to the team. Thank you for your application and interest, and see you on the team forums.

Sincerely,

Gavin Verhey

GavinV
Site Admin and Team Founder

Number of posts : 482
Name : Gavin Verhey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down